Best UPSC Prelims Strategy to Crack Exam at Earliest
Preparing for UPSC prelims but still confuse how to prepare? We have built up a perfect UPSC Prelims Strategy for you that will improve your chances to crack your civil exams at earliest.
UPSC is one of the coveted exams of the nation and is considered as the toughest exams across the nation. Out of 4,00,000 candidates throughout, only 0.2% could make it.
Feeling nervous yet?
Don’t worry the right strategy and studying routine can actually help you to fight against the toughest challenges.
This is why, we have chosen to prepare a comprehensive UPSC Prelim strategy for just a student like you.
UPSC Exam Structure
UPSC exams takes place under three levels. You need to pass each level to reach the next. The three broad stages are:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test (Interview)
Candidates who are able qualify for all the rounds are eligible for joining the civil services in India.
UPSC Prelims Exam Structure
Here’s the exam pattern for UPSC Prelims:
Name of the Paper
No of Questions
Nature of Exam
Paper I: General Studies (Objective-type)
The score will be considered for Cut-off.
Paper-II: General Studies-II (CSAT) (Objective-Type)
Qualifying Nature- Candidates will have to score 33% to qualify CSAT.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus
To prepare the best UPSC Prelim strategy, we first need to understand the exams structure and its current syllabus.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus of Paper-I (General Studies-I)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World. Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization General Science
UPSC Prelims Syllabus of Paper-II (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
Step by Step UPSC Prelims Strategy
To get the best results it is advised to join the best UPSC Coaching centre in your city. The experienced faculty and studious ambience enhance student’s productivity hence increasing the chances of cracking the exams.
If you are student from Meerut or living nearby Meerut, you can join one of the best UPSC Coaching Institutes in Meerut, i.e. Civil Academy.
If by anyhow you are unable to coaching centre, then you can follow our UPSC Prelims Strategy given below:
Focus on one:
Rather than running here and there for too many books to prepare, it’s better to focus on only one. Read only the standard books and prepare from them. Don’t confuse yourself with too many books. You need to focus on building your foundation than running after every available resource.
Constant revision is the key to crack Prelims or any other competitive exams. Book some days of the week to complete your revision. During these days, revise all that you’ve studied in the week to retain the concepts for a long time! Also prepare a monthly revision format to cover up all major concepts.
You may face issues while coping up with the current affairs. To overcome this problem you can integrate revising current affairs into your daily plan.
Again, try to minimize the sources as too much information will simply cause more confusion.
Follow standard sources like The Hindu, Times of India and more. You can also follow Instagram and Facebook page of Civil Academy to get knowledge of current affairs.
Mock Tests and Test Paper:
You can find various test paper and mock tests online. Solving them on constant basis will enhance your knowledge and help you to revise. This is one of the best UPSC Prelims Strategy followed by many aspirants and coaching centres.
You score during the mock test will evaluate your preparation for the main exams.
That’s all for this time. If you love our concept UPSC Prelims Strategy and want to learn more, let us know through email or in the comment section.